Featured Post

Potato Soup

 We originally found this recipe in a Vitamix ( www.surlatable.com ) recipe book, we made a few changes like adding broth (chicken stock),...

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Grandma's Fruit Bars


 I used to make these with my Grandma a lot, she would spend an afternoon with me and my sisters teaching us recipes(with us "helping" of course).  She passed on her love of baking to me and I love making the recipes she used to make(grain-free). She (and my mom) taught me how to put love into baking and cooking.

yield: about 30 bars

bake @ 400 degrees
cook time: 15-20min. 

5 eggs
1/3 C milk
1/3 C water
1 t vanilla
1/4 C molasses
1/4 C coconut oil (melted)
1/2 C + 2 T coconut flour (the two T of flour is to cover raisins)
1/2 t ground cloves
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1 T cinnamon
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 C raisins
1/3 C chopped pecans (optional)

Heat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large cookie sheet. In a medium size bowl mix the wet ingredients together(eggs, milk, water, vanilla, molasses, and oil).  In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together(mix the raisins with the 2 T of flour).  Mix both the wet and dry ingredients together and add the raisins and flour mixture. Pour onto cookie sheet and bake for 15-20min.

No comments:

Post a Comment